I make my own Frozen Pops so I know what is in them.
They are so easy and fun!
My pop maker uses 1 1/2 cups of the liquid. So I make a smoothie to drink and the rest is frozen for pops.
Here are some simple recipes:
Blueberry Cream Pops
- 1 pint of blueberries Frozen or fresh
- 1 cup of any liquid or milk (I use coconut milk)
- 1 cup of yogurt or soy or coconut yogurt.
- 1 tsp of any sweetener I used honey
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of water this will make it firm after frozen
- Save for later:Optional: 1/2 cup of the tiniest of blueberries or just 1/4 cup of whole blueberries Frozen or fresh
In a blender blend all ingredients except for the optional berries
Fill the molds, leaving space on top about 1/4 inch. Stick the optional berries if you like if not just fill to rim and insert sticks.
Freeze for three hours
When removing pops from molds I prefer to just wait a few minutes at room temperature so that they sweat a bit. Should be easy to remove from mold just pull by the sticks.
If you are in a hurry you can dip entire thing under the hot running water and remove promptly. I find that waiting a few minutes is best so it is uniformly melting.
My suggestion is that you put in individual snack plastic baggies so they don’t stick to each other in the freezer.
Variations of pops:
Whey Strawberry Banana : Just follow directions as you would for whey smoothie
Mango Lemonade, I just add mangos to the lemonade
Papaya Mango Smoothie
Coconut Hot Chocolate: Follow directions on hot chocolate drink, let it cool add the coconut and freeze in mold.
Iced tea pops are great too. I use Hibiscus Lemonade, Green Tea Honey, and use your imagination.