Super Easy Choco Choco Chocolate Cake
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix plus all the fixings (without choco chips preferred)
- 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix (I used Betty Crocker) plus all the fixings:eggs,oil, water.
- Franz Raspberry Sauce (find it in the ice cream toppings isle). Strawberry jelly works well too.
- Cream cheese filling (recipe to follow) or be lazy and use Betty Crocker Cream Cheese frosting
- Chocolate Frosting from a can…Yes from any can. I use Betty Crocker.milk chocolate.
Heat oven at 350, prepare two 9 inch cake pans with Pam or butter and flour.
Prepare each box as directed in separate bowls. Then gently stir together in one bowl do not over mix.
Fill cake pans evenly and bake for 30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
Let cool completely before frosting. If you want perfect cakes then cool in fridge for two hours then remove the bumpy part to make flat and get them straight and perfect. I go with leave the belly up on top as it will taste just as fab (as shown in pic)
Cream Cheese Frosting (for filling) Opt! Be lazy and just use from a can. Still very good.
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 bar of cream cheese (you can use Neufchatel, but who are we fooling here?)
- 1 tsp vanilla
Whip until well blended. Once the cakes are cooled stack them like this. Cake, cream cheese filling, sauce, cake then. Like an Oreo cookie.
Put chocolate frosting into a small bowl and whip it good. Spread over cake covering sides.
Serve with a bit of sauce sprinkled over slice and enjoy.
It really is great when you don’t have time to whip up a cake from scratch.