I am convinced concoction healed me from the awful cough, sore throat, horrid bug that is going around.
- 1/2 c of Ginger cut in very thin slices
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 gallon of water minus 3 cups
- 1/2c of Raw, 100% pure honey (use whatever you have)
- frozen raspberries or blue berries (opt)
- Juice of 5 or 6 fresh lemons (or more or less. Up to you how tangy you like).
Mix honey and ginger and set aside.
Boil 3 cups of water.
Pour 3 cups of piping bubbly boiling water over ginger/sugar and let seep for 20 minutes covered.
Meanwhile squeeze lemons and add to the pitcher with cold water.
After the ginger has sat for 20 minutes in the boiling water strain over lemon/water mixture in pitcher.
Mix well, add to a glass full of ice, add a few frozen raspberries.
It can be made as a hot drink too, Just heat in micro.
I drink at least one glass a day when I am not sick and up to three when I am in the middle of a hellish cold.