- 1 box of Spice Cake mix
- 1 small can of crushed pineapple (drain juice)
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water or milk
- 1/2 cup of raisins white or dark
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (2 large ones )
- 1/2 cup of coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows) Make this before anything and put in refrigerator so it sets good.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 sticks of cream cheese (low fat ok)
- 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice (opt)
- 1/2 coconut flakes to sprinkle on top (optional)
Whip until fluffy .
Heat oven at 350F degrees. Prepare your pans; Two round 9 inch or a 13 x 9 pyrex.
In a med bowl mix drained pineapple, raisins, coconut and nuts set aside.
In large bowl (Mixer bowl) mix cake, water, eggs, oil and flour. Slowly stir in pineapple mixture.
Divide into pans or pour onto large pyrex.
Bake for 35 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean yaddy yadda. You know the drill.
Cool completely for over an hour. Frost with cream cheese frosting.